Information and Media Center
Welcome to the Ski for Light, Inc.® Information and Media Center! Here you will find:
If you have questions, need more information, or need to receive the materials below in an alternative format, please contact Peter Slatin, chair of the Ski for Light Publicity and Public Relations committee.
- Materials to help recruite new Guides, Visually- and Mobility-Impaired
Participants to our next event
- The Brief History of Ski for Light
- Articles and stories about SFL and its people
Information to Inform and Recruit New Guides
Information About the 2014 Event
- News Release for the 2014 Event (DOC) Most people who attend Ski for Light do so based on the recommendation of a friend or acquaintance who has attended one of our events. Help us recruit new people by forwarding the News Release to anyone you think might be interested in attending the event.
- Fact Sheet About the 2014 Event (PDF) This is a great companion document to the Event News release and Guide Recruitment flyer.
A Brief History of SFL
View or download a brief (one-page) history of Ski for Light. Can be printed on SFL letterhead.
Articles and Stories About Ski for Light
- Television Station KSL Video News Feature About the 2012 Event, KSL Television, February 9, 2012, MP4 Video Format
- Cross-Country Skiing Provides Full Body Workout, The Columbus Dispatch, January 30, 2012
- Ski for Light Provides a Way For Participants to Conquer Challenges, The Provo Daily Herald, February 8, 2009
- If I Can Do This, I Can Do Anything, The Bend Reporter, February 18, 2008
- Mary Hiland: She's Unable to See But Bikes, Hikes, Skis, The Columbus Dispatch, August 8, 2006
- Fireside Chat with Kathy Strahan, Cross Country Skier magazine, November 2003
- Lack of snow doesn't slow skiers by Deborah Kendrick, Cincinnati Enquirer, March 23, 2003
- A week in a snowy utopia by Deborah Kendrick, Cincinnati Enquirer, February 17, 2002
- Word of mouth promotes Ski for Light by Cara Barnes, Cross Country Skier magazine, January-February 2002
To view News and Information Releases and Guide Recruitment flyers from previous years, visit the SFL Media Center Archives
- Raymond Bud Keith, Tireless Champion for the Blind, Dies, The Washington Post, June 29, 2008
- Olav Pedersen: Breckenridge Pioneer Dies at 87, Summit Daily News, June 17, 2004
- Olav Pedersen: National Ski Hall of Fame MountainZone.com, August 2000
- Olav Pedersen: Colorado Ski Hall of Fame, Colorado Ski Museum
- Retired But Still Inspired: Bud Keith, Chris Bell and Harvey Miller by Deborah Kendrick, AccessWorld, September 2003
- Ski for Light Builds Competition, Community, Compassion Among Blind Skiers by Andrew Leibs. Originally appeared in the Boston Globe, March 13, 2003
- She Rules the Braille Domain: An Interview with Judy Dixon by Deborah Kendrick, AccessWorld, November 2002
Return to SFL Home Page